Monday, September 27, 2010

Today

1. Came home from work to meet electrical inspector.  When I got there Jeff (Boisclair) and I tried to get the electrical main into the service box before the inspector got there.  The inspector pulled up after we have pulled the conduit out of the trench and were wrestling with the 5-point 3/4" bolts on the box cover (by the way, you can't buy a 5-point 3/4" socket, so I'm guessing National Grid doesn't want us tinkering around in there...). 

Inspector: I thought you were supposed to be done by Saturday.
Me: We ran into one little snag.
Inspector: Let me see if I have the socket you need

(digs through his car to try to help us open National Grid's box).

Me: Let's look up at the house end.

(He looks at the meter socket then in the basement at the panel.)

Inspector: Is your ID number the one Sue called in about?
Me: yeah...
Inspector: I'll call National Grid in the morning to come hook you up.

(Thank you Sue!)

2. Ran to Sears to buy the 5-point socket.  Not there.  Tried a 12-point metric mickey mouse job.  No good.  Jeff will try tomorrow (hopefully BEFORE national grid shows up to hook things up).

3.  Upon return from Sears, Steve is there and shows me how to wire a room and lets me borrow right angle drill.  (Thank you Steve.)

4.  Dad shows up at dark and helps me string up temp lights, build shower wall and curb, and clean up basement in preparation for plumbers starting tomorrow. (Thank you dad.)  I built the shower the wrong size, but it may work.  I'll see tomorrow when I'm not too tired to think.

5. Stone yard delivery truck broke down and couldn't deliver the wood stove and chimney stone today as planned.  Had to call Mason back (who finally got back from his week "vacation"... "other job"?) to tell him that he may not be able to start tomorrow.  Masonry is turning into the biggest headache.

6. Siding is in and ready to be delivered.  Scheduled that for Wednesday, but may postpone till later in the week due to weather.

7. Finished last three sections and final paper for the course I "started" in May and is due in 2 days.  Submitted that, so now it's of my plate.

8.  Meeting with the financial adviser for the first time since we started this whole crazy process tomorrow.  Can't wait to see what he has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment