Monday, August 30, 2010

Exciting vs. Painful

Front porch is on!  Just some loose ends here and there to tie up on the exterior.
Sherman and crew pouring the garage floor.  This included the honched footing for the mudroom so that can be framed up this week as well.
Today was a mixed bag-
 
Exciting: Sherman and crew showed up on time and as promised did relief cuts in basement, cleaned up, and poured and finished the garage floor.
Painful: Chimney materials were delivered on time, but the mason never showed - or answered his phone all day.  Now I have to hope he reads and understands my notes and drawings I left him before he builds a permanent concrete structure through the middle of my house.
Exciting: The front porch was finished today!
Painful: I had to leave the house at 1:00 to get a root canal.
Exciting: I laid out all the interior partitions with Joe.  The rooms are ready to be framed.
Painful: Did I mention the root canal?  Trying to talk things over with the framers and make phone calls with a numb face for the rest of the day was awful.  And everyone kept looking at me funny.
Exciting: Went to Ella's back-to-school family picnic.
Exciting or Painful?: School starts for me tomorrow/summer vacation is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment