Sunday, October 17, 2010


Plugged away at the siding most of the week.

Construction loan inspection and disbursement were supposed to happen Tuesday.  By Wednesday, still no money in the account.  Called Thursday - they forgot to put me on the schedule...  Luckily, there's enough money to carry us over to this Tuesday.

The mason came Saturday and finished the fireplace, hearth, and chimney.  Looks great (forgot to take a picture). 

Met with the geothermal HVAC guy.  Just need to finalize a few details and that can get rolling.

Plumbing rough inspection passed on Thursday.

Went to the house on Friday in the pouring rain and couldn't work on siding.  I wandered around aimlessly for an hour shivering before deciding to just go home and do nothing.  I think that's the first time that's happened.  I felt much more productive on Saturday though.  But Amy and I did get in our Friday date night: a trip to Home Depot after the kids were in bed.  So romantic.

Doors were delivered and installed on Friday.  I put the locks on on Saturday.  We can finally lock the house!  This may not seem like a big deal, but it means my car is no longer a traveling tool chest.

Got the front of the garage done over the course of the week.  Notice the white strap hanging on the wall near the top of the siding.  I am very proud of my invention.  May be patentable...?
Siding in the dark is tricky, so I finally put up the porch posts.

Got LOTS of help this weekend from Dad.  Started to set up to do this gable wall on Saturday, but the wind blew the ladder over as we were setting up staging.  Opted to hold off till Sunday.  The telescoping plank is a godsend.

With the weight of all the stuff hanging off my belt I have almost mooned the neighborhood on more than one occasion.

Paul came to help today even though he's still recovering from knee surgery!  He can barely walk, but he was still going up and down ladders and lugging cement planks around.  Good physical therapy?

Nearing the peak.

Vertigo anyone?

Amy's attempt to nail a clapboard from the top of a ladder.  Notice both hands off the ladder to use the nail gun and siding gauge.
Shortly thereafter hugging the ladder for dear life.

Smiling because she's still alive and because she knows she won't be going back up the ladder again...

And a special thank you to Amy and Sarah for coming back after dinner to bring coffee and help me finish up a section of the back in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment